Hi I’m Jasmin and I’m an artist at heart :) I’m also mum to three awesome boys ages 10, 12 and 14, wife to an Aussie-Greek guy, work as manager of a website from home in the eastern ‘burbs of Melbourne, aaaand I’m finally getting back into my art with some determination now that I’m in my 40s.
Art has always played a huge part of my life, having been raised by an artist musician mother in the Adelaide Hills- and via the various marriages of my parents…at one point I also had an artist step-mother and a musician step-father who dabbled in art! We lived in a couple of different public housing homes and life could have turned out very differently – but mum always made sure we were exposed to creative dreamers, good books, art, music and theatre. After moving to Melbourne on my own at age 20, I worked in multimedia and studied animation and creative media at RMIT Uni, but since getting married and having kids, and the demands of work, found myself with less and less time to create art. So these days, I have found ways to bring creativity back into my everyday – tips which I share here on my blog
Art imitates life as I find my passions influence my painting: learning, reading, nature, tech, good food, helping others, all things whimsy, and my dear friends and family. That’s why I’m attracted to expressive, intuitive approaches to art like spraypainting and mixed media I guess!
When I’m not making a mess with paint on my kitchen table (oops!) or dropping kids off at sports and code club, I work as the General Manager of Digital Photography School. Our talented team works around the world, based in Australia, Canada, Mexico, the U.S. and Nepal, so we meet online to create content and products for a community of over 1.6 million people who love photography.
This personal blog WONDERWEBBY started in 2007 as I shared how we can connect with people around the world using the web – to make creative ideas happen and to do good. These days it’s become more of a creative and personal canvas, though I’m hoping to share more about making creativity happen and doing good again with you here in 2017!
Since starting this blog, I’ve been amazed at what opportunities have unfolded. I’ve been invited to be an ambassador with Not-For-Profits and arts committees, speak at events and was even able to quit my job at IBM to work from home, freeing up more time to spend with my family, in my community and creating my own art. I hope you enjoy my blog and most importantly that you’re also inspired to bring creativity to life as you join me here.
You can subscribe to this blog by email to receive blog posts straight to your inbox.
You can contact me about my art or opportunities to collaborate email@example.com
More about Jasmin
Masters (2002) and Graduate Diploma (1997) of Animation and Creative Media, RMIT University, Melbourne Australia Certificate of Media and Professional Skills, MAPS, Adelaide (1992)
- General Manager, Digital Operations at Digital Photography School (5 million readers)
- Director ProBlogger Events – an annual event for 700 bloggers 2011 – 2015
- 20 years experience leading digital and creative teams, with a focus on marketing and events over the last five years.
- Former Blog Ambassador with World Vision Australia: in June 2015 I painted each day to help raise $1000 for Nepal.
- Ovarian Cancer Research Fundraiser for “Frocktober” 2011 and 2013
- Committee Member, Melb. Uni VCA Centre for Cultural Partnerships 2010, on behalf of IBM
- Former Ambassador for Opportunity International Australia 2009 (raised $8000 using social media)
- Contributor: Melbourne University “Virtual and Physical Learning Spaces” Working Party August – Nov 2008
- Technical Experts Council member 2010 and ambassador for social media at IBM
- Speaker: ProBlogger Training Event, Etihad Stadium 2012 “ebooks the ProBlogger way”
- Panelist: ProBlogger Training Event, Novotel Melbourne 2011 “ebook creation”
- Speaker and Panliest: HR Futures Conference, Melbourne 2009
- Speaker: Go Girl Go for I.T at Deakin Uni October 2010, 2008
- Speaker: The Greater IBM Connection “All about blogging” virtual event 28 August 2008
Publications and Articles:
- ProBlogger ebooks and ProBlogger Training Event (Director and Producer)
- Digital Photography School ebooks (Producer of over 20 top selling ebooks on photography)
- Feelgooder ebook (Producer)
- the 3six5 project – June 15 2010 (Contributor)
- Worldshapers – free eBook about women using technology for positive change (Producer)
- Age of Conversation 2 2008 , Age of Conversation 3 contributing author to books raising funds for charity (Contributing Author)