I’m a mum, a dreamer, and a doer, driven to create results for projects with heart. I manage Digital Photography School, produce profitable ebooks, video courses, and work with Darren Rowse aka @problogger to direct and grow the popular annual ProBlogger Event. Our team members and authors work from their own homes around the world in Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, the U.K., the U.S. and Nepal.
I live in Melbourne with my Aussie Greek husband of 15 years, our three wonderful boys (aged 8, 10 and 12) and our mini schnauzer girl. Because I work from home part time, I’m able to enjoy
feeding hanging out with them more. People, art, expression, and technology fascinate me.
You’ll find me fitting the description of an INTJ …although it’s possible I’m an ambivert. I treasure time alone to think, walk, paint and observe. I adore feasting with my family and friends.
I love whimsy, wonder, and wifi. I’m a geeky dag at heart. But I love, love, love good art and design. Champagne and cheese is my weakness. Running on the beach is my new favourite. And making remarkable ideas happen with high performing teams is my specialty.
This blog Wonderwebby is where I enjoy writing and sharing my thoughts. So much has happened since I started this blog in 2007. By sharing here so many opportunities have opened up for me personally -you never know what might happen when you blog. I’ve had opportunities to speak about collaboration, invited to be an ambassador with not for profits, and I was even able to quit my (actually, quite interesting) job at a big corporate company five years ago to work for one of the worlds’ leading bloggers to help other people make their own dreams come true.
I hope that your own dreams and creative ideas can come true too.
Masters (2002) and Graduate Diploma (1997) of Animation and Creative Media, RMIT University, Melbourne Australia
Certificate of Media and Professional Skills, MAPS, Adelaide (1992)
- General Manager, Digital Operations at Digital Photography School (5 million readers)
- Director ProBlogger Events – an annual event for 700 bloggers, and Team Manager at ProBlogger
- 20 years experience leading digital and creative teams, with a focus on marketing and events over the last five years.
- Current Blog Ambassador with World Vision Australia: in June 2015 I painted each day to help raise $1000 for Nepal. You can still donate!
- Ovarian Cancer Research Fundraiser for “Frocktober” 2011 and 2013
- Committee Member, Melb. Uni VCA Centre for Cultural Partnerships 2010, on behalf of IBM
- Former Ambassador for Opportunity International Australia 2009 (raised $8000 using social media)
- Contributor: Melbourne University “Virtual and Physical Learning Spaces” Working Party August – Nov 2008
- Technical Experts Council member 2010 and ambassador for social media at IBM
- Speaker: ProBlogger Training Event, Etihad Stadium 2012 “ebooks the ProBlogger way”
- Panelist: ProBlogger Training Event, Novotel Melbourne 2011 “ebook creation”
- Speaker and Panliest: HR Futures Conference, Melbourne 2009
- Speaker: Go Girl Go for I.T at Deakin Uni October 2010, 2008
- Speaker: The Greater IBM Connection “All about blogging” virtual event 28 August 2008
Publications and Articles:
- ProBlogger ebooks and ProBlogger Training Event (Director and Producer)
- Digital Photography School ebooks (Producer of over 20 top selling ebooks on photography)
- Feelgooder ebook (Producer)
- the 3six5 project – June 15 2010 (Contributor)
- Worldshapers – free eBook about women using technology for positive change (Producer)
- Age of Conversation 2 2008 , Age of Conversation 3 contributing author to books raising funds for charity (Contributing Author)