I live in Melbourne with my Aussie Greek husband, our three boys (ages 9, 11 and 13) and our mini schnauzer girl. I adore feasting with my family and friends. And I also treasure time alone to think, walk, read, paint and observe. Champagne and cheese is my weakness. Running on the beach is my new favourite. And making remarkable ideas happen with high performing teams is my specialty.
I work part time from home managing the popular blog Digital Photography School, leading our team who work remotely around the world in Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, the U.K., the U.S. and Nepal.
This blog Wonderwebby is where I enjoy writing and sharing my art, creative tips and inspiring stories. Since starting this blog in 2007 I’ve had opportunities to speak about collaboration, invited to be an ambassador with not for profits, and was even able to quit my job at a big corporate to work from home for one of the worlds’ leading bloggers, freeing up more time to create my own art. I hope you are also inspired to bring creativity to life as you join me here.
Masters (2002) and Graduate Diploma (1997) of Animation and Creative Media, RMIT University, Melbourne Australia Certificate of Media and Professional Skills, MAPS, Adelaide (1992)
- General Manager, Digital Operations at Digital Photography School (5 million readers)
- Director ProBlogger Events – an annual event for 700 bloggers 2011 – 2015
- 20 years experience leading digital and creative teams, with a focus on marketing and events over the last five years.
- Former Blog Ambassador with World Vision Australia: in June 2015 I painted each day to help raise $1000 for Nepal.
- Ovarian Cancer Research Fundraiser for “Frocktober” 2011 and 2013
- Committee Member, Melb. Uni VCA Centre for Cultural Partnerships 2010, on behalf of IBM
- Former Ambassador for Opportunity International Australia 2009 (raised $8000 using social media)
- Contributor: Melbourne University “Virtual and Physical Learning Spaces” Working Party August – Nov 2008
- Technical Experts Council member 2010 and ambassador for social media at IBM
- Speaker: ProBlogger Training Event, Etihad Stadium 2012 “ebooks the ProBlogger way”
- Panelist: ProBlogger Training Event, Novotel Melbourne 2011 “ebook creation”
- Speaker and Panliest: HR Futures Conference, Melbourne 2009
- Speaker: Go Girl Go for I.T at Deakin Uni October 2010, 2008
- Speaker: The Greater IBM Connection “All about blogging” virtual event 28 August 2008
Publications and Articles:
- ProBlogger ebooks and ProBlogger Training Event (Director and Producer)
- Digital Photography School ebooks (Producer of over 20 top selling ebooks on photography)
- Feelgooder ebook (Producer)
- the 3six5 project – June 15 2010 (Contributor)
- Worldshapers – free eBook about women using technology for positive change (Producer)
- Age of Conversation 2 2008 , Age of Conversation 3 contributing author to books raising funds for charity (Contributing Author)