I’m a mum, a dreamer, and a doer. I manage Digital Photography School, produce top selling ebooks and have worked with Darren Rowse aka @problogger to direct and grow his annual ProBlogger Event for the last five years. Our global team work from their own homes in Australia, Canada, Mexico, the U.S. and Nepal. People, art, expression, and technology fascinate me.
I live in Melbourne with my Aussie Greek husband of 15 years, our three wonderful boys (aged 8, 10 and 12) and our mini schnauzer girl, and I work from home part time.
You’ll find me fitting the description of an INTJ but I think I’m probably an ambivert. I treasure time alone to think, walk, paint and observe. But I love meeting and connecting people. My blog Wonderwebby is where I enjoy writing and sharing my thoughts.
I love whimsy, wonder, and wifi. I’m a geeky dag at heart. But I love, love, love good art and design. Champagne and cheese is my weakness. Running on the beach is my new favourite. Looking at things from another angle and making ideas happen is my specialty.
Masters (2002) and Graduate Diploma (1997) of Animation and Creative Media, RMIT University, Melbourne Australia
Certificate of Media and Professional Skills, MAPS, Adelaide (1992)
- General Manager, Digital Operations at Digital Photography School (5 million readers)
- Director ProBlogger Events – an annual event for 700 bloggers, and Team Manager at ProBlogger
- 20 years experience leading digital and creative teams
- Current Blog Ambassador with World Vision Australia: in June 2015 I painted each day to help raise $1000 for Nepal. You can still donate!
- Ovarian Cancer Research Fundraiser for “Frocktober” 2011 and 2013
- Committee Member, Melb. Uni VCA Centre for Cultural Partnerships 2010, on behalf of IBM
- Former Ambassador for Opportunity International Australia 2009 (raised $8000 using social media)
- Contributor: Melbourne University “Virtual and Physical Learning Spaces” Working Party August – Nov 2008
- Former IBM Technical Experts Council member
- Participant in online fundraising events Tweetsgiving and NetSquared Melbourne
- Speaker: ProBlogger Training Event, Etihad Stadium 2012 “ebooks the ProBlogger way”
- Panelist: ProBlogger Training Event, Novotel Melbourne 2011 “ebook creation”
- Speaker and Panliest: HR Futures Conference, Melbourne 2009
- Speaker: Go Girl Go for I.T at Deakin Uni October 2010, 2008
- Speaker: The Greater IBM Connection “All about blogging” virtual event 28 August 2008
Publications and Articles:
- ProBlogger ebooks and ProBlogger Training Event (Director and Producer)
- Digital Photography School ebooks (Producer of over 20 top selling ebooks on photography)
- Feelgooder ebook (Producer)
- the 3six5 project – June 15 2010 (Contributor)
- Worldshapers – free eBook about women using technology for positive change (Producer)
- Age of Conversation 2 2008 , Age of Conversation 3 contributing author to books raising funds for charity (Contributing Author)